Click on the titles below for a mini slide show on the construction of each item.
In an effort not to bore you here is the short list of the process we use in creating our fine reclaimed wood furniture.
- Dis-mantle and cart the reclaimed lumber to the shop
- Sort, stack, dry, and inspect all pieces
- Trim and do the first planing
- Mate to other sticks for a desired project
- Drill, and cut for biscuits and/or dowels to join sticks
- Glue and clamp sticks into planks
- Run the new planks through the planner
- Cut the planks into final shapes for joining
- Attach pieces with mortise joints, dowels, etc. with glue & clamps
- Sand with progressive grit up to 350 grit or more
- Apply three to five coats of finish depending upon the project